What is Digital Citizenship?
The norms of appropriate, responsible behavior with regard to technology use." Dr. Mike Riddle
Who is a good digital citizen?"
“...someone who is able to think critically about the ethical opportunities and challenges of the “digital world” and make safe, respectful, and responsible choices”. http://www.commonsensemedia.org
The Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship
- Access - equal access for all
- Commerce - electronic buying and selling
- Communication - communication with other people through various means
- Literacy - learning about technology (occupations, uses, programs, how to)
- Etiquette - appropriate behavior
- Law - responsible, ethical use
- Rights and Responsibilites - privacy, free speech...how is it used appropriately
- Health and Welness - physical and psycological aspects
- Security - personal safety ... It is our responsibility to keep ourselves safe and educate others how to do the same.
Click on the links in the table below to access digital
citizenship goals and resources for each level.